We collect your email to help us improve our service to you – we will never sell your email address to any other party, and you can opt out at any time using our website or customer services team. Our store assistants are happy to help. The Fragrance Shop makes a commitment to protecting your privacy and promises only to use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
What information do we collect?
When you place an Order, we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to TheFragranceShop.co.uk (for example your name, phone number, billing address, shipping address, email address, contact and bank / credit card details).
We may also record which products you are interested in and which products you purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use.
This information will be kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
• Process your Order;
• Provide you with an up to date, efficient, and reliable service;
• Help fraud prevention i.e. card details are checked against details held by the bank and we reserve the right to refuse Orders on that basis.
• Open and run your account;
• Administer prize draws;
• Provide a more personal shopping experience.
By making an Order and submitting your data you agree to this use. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
The Fragrance Shop will not send you any marketing communications unless you give us your consent, or unless we have it already.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of The Fragrance Shop group, as defined in section 1162 of the Companies Act 2006. For clarity TFS Stores Limited is the statutory entity that operates The Fragrance Shop. TFS Stores Limited (Company number 06789842) is part of a wider group of companies operating under Cartoon Holdings Limited, (Company number 05964718) both registered in England at Churchill Point, Lake Edge Green, Trafford Park Road, Manchester, M17 1BL ‘The Fragrance Shop Group’.
We will not pass your information on to third parties except where required for the secure payment of your order. These details are not used for marketing communications. Our payments are handled by:
We may send you emails, brochures, leaflets, catalogues and other promotional material for our products and services. We may also telephone or email you to discuss order details or for market or service research. In addition, we may include leaflets or brochures for complimentary products and services from third parties with our marketing communications or parcels.
We may monitor or record telephone calls to ensure our quality standards are maintained and for fraud prevention purposes.
We may only disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• If TFS Stores Limited (and applicable entities within The fragrance Shop Group) or substantially all of the assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and any and/or all other agreements or contracts between us or to protect the rights, property, or safety of TFS Stores Limited or associated entity within The Fragrance Shop Group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In Order to improve our service The Fragrance Shop may use a device known as a 'cookie'. Cookies are a means by which information relating to your Internet activity (such as whether you have visited www.thefragranceshop.co.uk before) is recorded on your hard drive and used by us to improve our website and the products and services available to you.
These cookies are required for the website to function correctly and generally perform tasks such as remembering the content of your shopping basket between page refreshes or remembering your style preferences between browsing sessions.
These cookies are used to track your interaction with our website so that we can effectively monitor important kpi's that we use to improve the service offered to our customers and understand customer behaviour and product performance. This information is not made publicly available or used for marketing.
__utmx, __utmxx, __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz
These cookies are used to collect anonymous information about a user’s journey on our website. (e.g. where they came from, if there were any errors). This will enable us to continously seek ways to improve our site in the future. If you'd prefer your experience data not to be collected, then please disable cookies from your internet browser when on site.
Google Ad Words
By using Google Adwords code we are able to see which pages helped lead to a purchase on site. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget.
3rd Party & Doubleclick
These cookies are used to monitor your browsing behaviour throughout our product catalogue so that you can receive relevant adverts after leaving our website. No personal information is captured and this is intended to ensure that you see personalised content based on your interaction with our website. We intent to add a feature which will enable you to opt out of these types of cookie if you prefer not to have your advertisements personalised based on your browsing behaviour.
The Fragrance Shop Ratings & Review Guidelines
• You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
• All 'moral rights' that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
• All content that you post is accurate;
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
• That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
• That infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
• That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
• That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libellous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
• For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
• That includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
• That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Fragrance Shop Ltd (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant TFS Stores Limited and their third-party suppliers a, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that TFS Stores Limited and its third party service providers may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.