Warm up this weekend with this delicious curry recipe.
It’s official, autumn has arrived. This means that we’re in for month’s of cosy, heart-warming wintery dishes, and we don’t know about you, but we are incredibly excited about it. This Butter Chicken recipe from BBC Good Food is exactly what you need to kick start your cosy weekends and its super easy to make. Dim the lights, pour some wine and snuggle up with a bowl of this for the ultimate Saturday night in.
- 500g skinless boneless chicken thighs
For the marinade:
For the curry:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground fenugreek
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 300ml chicken stock
- 50g flaked almonds, toasted
To serve (optional):
- In a medium bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients with some seasoning. Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces and toss with the marinade. Cover and chill in the fridge for 1 hr or overnight.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onion, garlic, green chilli, ginger and some seasoning. Fry on a medium heat for 10 mins or until soft.
- Add the spices with the tomato purée, cook for a further 2 mins until fragrant, then add the stock and marinated chicken. Cook for 15 mins, then add any remaining marinade left in the bowl. Simmer for 5 mins, then sprinkle with the toasted almonds. Serve with rice, naan bread, chutney, coriander and lime wedges, if you like.