Scrap the takeaway, this curry will taste much better.
Craving something warm and comforting this weekend? Aren’t we all. Rather than reaching for the takeaway menu, we’ve got the perfect, warming curry dish for you to make yourself. Olive Magazine‘s Prawn and Black Pepper curry is not only super easy to make, but will be a hit for your family and friends too.
- green chillies 2, roughly chopped
- onion 1 small, chopped
- ginger a thumb-sized piece, roughly chopped
- garlic 2 cloves, roughly chopped
- olive oil
- cumin seeds ½ tsp
- fenugreek seeds ½ tsp, crushed
- ground turmeric ½ tsp
- black peppercorns crushed to make ½ tsp
- coconut milk 200ml
- raw shelled king prawns 200g
- coriander a handful
- basmati rice to serve
- Whizz the chillies, onion, ginger and garlic with a splash of water to a purée in a small food processor or blender.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a lidded pan. Cook the cumin and fenugreek until they start to pop. Stir in the onion purée, season, turn the heat down and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric and peppercorns, and stir before adding the coconut milk. Simmer gently with a lid on for 15 minutes. Add the prawns and cook for 3-4 minutes or until pink. Scatter over the coriander and serve with rice.
Feature image: Olive Magazine