Give these mushroom and halloumi pittas a go this weekend.
In need of some weekend foodie inspo? We’ve got just the thing. These super easy stuffed mushroom and halloumi pittas from Olive Magazine are the perfect recipe for if you don’t want a mess or a fuss. There’s nothing worse than when you spend more time tidying up and cleaning the kitchen after you’ve made food, than actually making the food itself. That’s why for this week’s, Weekend Eats, we’ve chosen something that’s quick and simple to put together, and you’ll be cleaned up in no time.
- olive oil
- large flat mushrooms 4, sliced
- garlic 1 clove, crushed
- halloumi 1 block, sliced into 12
- pitta breads 4
- houmous 4 tbsp
- roasted red peppers from a jar 4, torn into pieces
- rocket 2 handfuls
- chilli sauce to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the mushrooms with a good pinch of salt and cook, stirring for a few minutes. Add the garlic and cook until tender. Turn up the heat and boil off any moisture. Keep warm.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a separate pan and fry the halloumi until golden. Warm the pittas.
- Split each pitta and spread with houmous, then stuff with the mushrooms, halloumi, peppers and some rocket. Serve with chilli sauce if you like.