A delicious baked cod recipe to brighten up your weekend.
Nothing beats a fish dish on the weekend and this tomato and lemon baked cod recipe from Delish is a fantastic meal no matter who you’re cooking for. Whether it’s for your whole family or you’ve got the girls round for dinner, its a super easy recipe to that’s also incredibly light and delicious.
- 4 cod fillets, about 1-inch thick
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 175 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, sliced, plus more for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed but not peeled
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and pat cod fillets with a paper towel until dry. Season all over with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, cherry tomatoes, lemon slices, garlic, and thyme.
- Brush a baking dish with olive oil. Pour tomato-oil mixture into dish, then nestle in cod.
- Bake until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished with parsley, more lemon juice, and pan sauce.