We’re back with our recipes and food ideas to brighten up your weekend eats.
Are you ready to get your cooking on this weekend? Our weekend eats series is back , and we’re back with a bang – if we say so ourselves. Throughout lockdown, we’ve all had the chance to try new things in the kitchen. We’ve replaced going out for food with eating ‘in-in’, and that’s meant getting creative in order to serve up that restaurant standard food (or so we thought it was) at home. Now that we can go out and eat again, that doesn’t mean we need to put our new-found culinary skills to bed! So, first up, we have an incredible pasta dish from Jamie Oliver and we think you’re going to love it.
- 500g dried spaghetti
- 500g frozen broad beans, blanched, skins removed
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves picked, plus extra to serve
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 30g feta, plus extra to serve
- Cook pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving a little cooking liquid.
- Whiz 200g beans in a food processor with the garlic, mint, lemon juice and cayenne. Add oil and feta, and pulse to combine (loosen with a splash of the cooking liquid, if necessary). Season.
- Working quickly, toss the drained pasta and the broad bean pesto together on a serving dish. Sprinkle with the extra mint and feta, then top with remaining beans. Serve immediately.
Be sure to let us know if you try it, and don’t forget to send us your foodie photos. We love to see what inspires you for your weekend eats.
Feature image: Delicious