The first weekend eats of September calls for a cosy, carby dish.
Autumn is almost here! We promise we’re not wishing away the summer by jumping into warm, cosy, nourishing dishes, but there just feels something right about this hearty pasta dish from Delicious this weekend. It’s easy to make with only a handful of store-cupboard ingredients needed. Its also perfect for whoever you’re feeding, whether it’s yourself or the whole family, everyone is sure to love this weekend eats.
- 200g castelluccio lentils
- 300g dried penne pasta
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 160g chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 200g passata
- 20g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, freshly grated
- Finely chopped fresh flatleaf parsley to serve
- Cook the lentils in boiling water according to the pack instructions until tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring another large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the pack instructions until al dente.
- At the same time, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the garlic cloves and fry for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms to the pan and stir-fry for 5 minutes, then remove the garlic cloves. Add the passata and cook for 10 minutes. Drain the cooked lentils, then stir into the tomato and mushroom sauce.
- Drain the pasta, add to the sauce and mix to combine. Stir in the grated cheese, then remove from the heat and serve sprinkled with a little chopped parsley.
Feature image: Delicious Mag